A friend of mine is a huge friends fan. And almost two years ago, seeing her laughing hysterically trying to explain me an episode of friends, I decided to watch it myself.
A week later, I was diagnosed with an addiction to watching Friends. 😂
In the last two years, I have watched the episodes umpteen number of times. Friends has become my ultimate timepass. When I’m sad, I watch friends.
When I’m working, I simple play friends and just “listen” to the dialogues. It SOO good! (In Rachel’s voice).
I often wonder how would it be if friends was made in India in 2018?
Let me guess.
- Ross Geller – Ross has an arranged marriage, and after Carol leaves him, he is piled up with sympathy and expert advices from the fat gossip aunties who live around his house. They conclude, “Carol must be having an affair-shaffair!” Sad and dejected, Ross makes up a profile on secondinnings, a matrimonial website for divorcees. His love for dinosaurs land him a job at Khatron ke Khiladi.
- Joey Tribbiani – After giving auditions after auditions, Joey starts working on an Indian soap opera. He portrays the role of a villain who is a womanizer and eats a lot. He is kicked out of the soap after he doesn’t stop eating even after the director yelled “pack up!”. It was also reported that he refused to share porridge with his co-star as a part of a romantic scene, because “Joey doesn’t share food!”.
- Chandler Bing – Chandler is a hardworking corporate man who lives alone after his parents divorce. He rents his apartment under OLX but ultimately the gossip aunties of his neighbourhood find a “cultured” vegetarian room mate for him He also joins Tinder to find a “fling”, but eventually finds love at a wedding ceremony, when he sees his best friend Ross’s sister dancing on a bollywood song “Pallo Latke”! He later starts “Comedy evenings with Chandler”, a comedy show where he gains wide recognition for his sarcasm.
- Rachel Green – Rachel flees from her wedding and is shunned by her parents. She doesn’t need to cut her credit cards, as she has already been evicted from the family’s property. Sad Rachel. She finds solace at her school friend Monica’s house. After submitting her resume on Fashion area dot com, she somehow lands a job at Sarojini Nagar in Delhi, with a wedding apparel seller who sells “original fake” dresses. She is tired of the 9 to 5 job. And gets 10% discount only if she brings in more customers. She leaves the job and starts up her own apparel brand winning “Most influential woman entrepreneur” award. Happy Rachel.
- Phoebe Buffay – She works as a masseuse and also works for an NGO, where the love of her life, Mike, a rich guy who flaunts a BMW, spots her playing in the puddle with orphan kids. It’s love at first sight for Mike and he takes over the NGO, opens up a hotshot parlor for Pheobe and gifts it to her on her birthday. Phoebe throws a tantrum, but eventually agrees when she sees Mike is a good guy. Her parlor has a website and a facebook page too.
- Monica Geller – She’s a chef at the local dhaba. But she eventually wins Master Chef India and gets renowned worldwide. Her YouTube channel “I cook and clean” has 525k subscribers, where she first teaches how to cook and later makes a video of how to clean the kitchen after cooking. She has sections like “Dish of the month” and “Cleanest counter of the month” on her channel.😂 A local food critic once criticised her “Butter chicken”. She was so furious, that she found him, snatched his phone, deleted the comment. And later marked him as spam. When her brother’s wierd friend sends a proposal to her family, she takes a long time to say yes. Later, she gets so excited for her wedding that she live shares her wedding ceremony on Facebook, annoying everyone, and also shares the video on her YouTube channel, which gets 1m likes.
Please don’t kill me after reading this. 😂
Disclaimer – the names of real places and brands have been used just for fun. They don’t intend to hurt anyone.